Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Skills Post- rewritten version of the "Compare and contrast" post

Today I'd like to compare and contrast two camps- Camp Big Apple and Ranch West Camp, in order to find the camp most suitable for me to learn English. In this skills post, I'll talk about some similarities and differences the camps have and which camp I think is best for me to enter.

Right now I will compare the programs the two camps concentrate on.Personally, I think Camp Big Apple is more suitable in this factor, because apparently, Camp Big Apple focuses on vocabulary and math, which lets me know that I can learn English well. On the other hand, Ranch West Camp doesn't exactly have a focused subject, and some of those subjects are totally out-of-topic.

Another difference is the housing situation. Camp Big Apple provides a dormitory system, which lets you meet people from all over the place. It would be a good experience, and a good chance to speak and learn English. However, Ranch West Camp provides a home-stay situation, which isn't bad, yes, but usually, kids my age feel more comfortable talking to people our age, and 4 weeks doesn't give you much time to get used to your home-stay parents. That is why for this factor, I decided that Camp Big Apple is better than Ranch West Camp.

Lastly, I will compare where the camps are located. Camp Big Apple is located in New York, which I think is a wonderful way to learn English. New York is a busy city, so there would be lots of people, and most of them would be speaking in English. On the other hand, Ranch West Camp is located in Canada, and because Canada has two languages(French and English), I chose Camp Big Apple over Ranch West Camp.

Considering those reasons above, I would like to conclude with the idea that Camp Big Apple is the camp most suitable for me to enter. Although there are other good and bad reasons to consider about both camps, I'll conclude that again, Camp Big Apple is my choice.

Thank you for reading my skills post. This was the re-written version of my very first skills post, and I hope you can feel that this skills post was better than the first skills post, because well, I spent some time trying to revise, edit, and proofread this post. Once again, thank you for reading my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment